MASTER OF SCIENCE (INDUSTRIAL MATHEMATICS)
Master of Science (Industrial Mathematics) is designed to provide topics of the Industrial Mathematics, Applied Mathematics and Computational in two sub-specialisations:
- Data Computing
- Computational Mathematics
The Programme emphasises embedded case study in all courses that enables students to integrate theory and application as well as using mathematical software such as VBA, EXCEL, C/C++, Matlab and R Language.
Why MSc. (Industrial Mathematics)?
- Embedded with IR 4.0 elements.
- Flexible timetable is available for busy professionals.
- Designed for candidates with mathematics background and others (engineering, science and technology, economy and etc.)
- Industrial case studies included in the courses offered.
- First in the East Coast Region.
- Recognised degree with CPA 2.75/4.00 and above.
- Recognised degree with CPA 2.50-2.74/4.00 and must have a minimum one year working experience in related fields.
- Recognised degree with CPA lower than 2.50/4.00 and must have a minimum five years working experiences in related fields.
Candidates who are non-mathematical background and the average grade of mathematics courses is less than B are required to attend two (2) bridging courses with faculty recommendation.
- International applicants should have a good command in English equivalent to IELTS 5.0, TOEFL *500 points.
- International applicants who have obtained lower result or have not taken IELTS/TOEFL are required to sit for the Preparatory Intensive English (PIE) classes and have to obtain Band 6 for the UMP English Proficiency Test (UMP-EPT) after registration
Local student: MYR285 per credit hour + admin fees (Approx. MYR14,395)
International student: USD150 per credit hour + admin fees (Approx. USD 7,210)
EPF, MARA, Yayasan Negeri, MyBrain, PTPTN
Apply now: http://ips.ump.edu.my
Dr Norhayati Rosli (Programme's Coordinator),
Faculty of Industrial Sciences & Technology,
Universiti Malaysia Pahang, Lebuhraya Tun Razak,
26300 Gambang, Kuantan, Pahang.
Interested candidates who wish to know more about the Programme being offered, entry requirement and intake may fill out the following form to be contacted by us:
Click here for Program’s Brochure.