CREDIT : 3 CREDITS
PRE-REQUISITE : -
The course is designed to study the physical and biochemical characteristics of biomolecules including nucleic acids, proteins, carbohydrates and lipids. Important pathways for biosynthesis and degradation of nucleic acids, proteins, carbohydrates and lipids will be discussed. Production of energy from carbohydrate and lipids and the related metabolisms will also be discussed. Besides that, the principle of cellular signaling in living organisms also will be described in this course.
1. Describe the structure and properties of biomolecules
2. Illustrate the energy productions in cell by glucose and its intermediates.
3. Explain biomolecules biosynthesis and degradation in metabolism
4. Compare the functionality of various metabolic pathways and importance of their integrations in organisms
5. Present idea in verbal and written form effectively and provide feedback on the given topic
6. Demonstrate structure illustrations of various biochemical compounds