CREDIT : 2 CREDITS
PRE-REQUISITE : -
The course will provide the students with a strong background in the basic concepts of genetics. Students will be introduced to the brief history pertaining to genetics, cell division and chromosomes. Apart from that, the students will be exposed to the Mendelian Law of Inheritance, gene interaction including epistasis, sex lingkage and determination, crossing, inbreeding, hetrosis and environmental effect on genetics. Other topics to be discussed include genetic application and mechanism in race and species diversification formation. Population genetics and evolutionary genetics will also be discussed.
1. Describe the theory of fundamental genetics.
2. Explain the concept of fundamental genetics.
3. Analyse population and conservation genetics.
4. Illustrate gene interaction and the changes of genetic information with the mechanism in race and species diversification.
5. Analysis mapping of chromosome pairs
6. Convey ideas verbally on genetics related issues as well as giving feedback on given topics.