Cell and Molecular Biology
CELL AND MOLECULAR BIOLOGY
CREDIT : 3 CREDITS
PRE-REQUISITE : -
This course discusses fundamental concepts of cell biology, structure and function of cellular organelles and its their biomolecules. Emphasis will be given on compositions, structures and functions of cell membrane and concepts of cell division. Concepts of central dogma of molecular biology and gene regulation and its control are also discussed. Discussion includes techniques and applications of molecular biology such as DNA recombinant technology, gene cloning application and bioinformatics softwares.
1. Describe the concept and function of macromolecules of the cells and explain the principle of DNA replication and repair.
2. Illustrate the pathway from DNA to protein including transcription, translation and expression.
3. Compare and contrast between prokaryotes and eukaryotes in both cell and molecular biology aspects.
4. Demonstrate mapping and grouping of different classes of cells with their respective structure and function
5. Convey ideas clearly and effectively, as well as giving feedback on given topics