CREDIT : 2 CREDITS
PRE-REQUISITE : -
This multi-disciplinary course provides student to introduction policy, scope and research area in industrial biotechnology sector in Malaysia and global scenario. This subject focus on interaction between scientific discovery, applications and challenge impact in biotechnology. The focus fields include industrial microbiology, agricultural, healthcare, biomaterial, enzyme and bioinformatics potential process will be discussed. Students also will be exposed to important and related components in commercialization such as issues, biosafety, bioethics, regulations, intelectual rights, facilities and expertise needed in biotechnology industries.
1. Describe and explain the potentials and applications of biotechnology fields.
2. Relate biosafety and bioethics consideration for biotechnology-related products commercialization.
3. Compare and contrast the policy, scope and research area of industrial biotechnology in Malaysia and other countries.
4. Be aware on biosafety, bioethics and the important of IP for biotechnology products.
5. Discuss on the potential of biotechnology products and their commercialization opportunity.
6. Demonstrate mapping and grouping of Industrial Biotechnology Companies wih their related fields.