CREDIT : 3 CREDITS
PRE-REQUISITE : -
This course introduces basic concepts in microbiology, techniques and microscopy. Discussion includes microorganism characteristics and classification, structures, growth, nutrient requirement and metabolisms, physical and chemical control of microorganisms.
1. Describe the concepts of cell structure and functions of microorganims.
2. Explain the nutrition types, growth and taxonomy of microorganism.
3. Distinguish between types of microorganism, archea, fungi, virus, protist and algae.
4. Relate application of microorganism in industry
5. Present the nutritional types of microorganism orally as well as giving feedback