CREDIT : 3 CREDITS
PRE-REQUISITE : -
This course provides the theory and knowledge relevant to the enzymology principles including fundamental properties of enzymes, enzyme catalytic mechanisms and enzyme kinetics. Techniques employed in enzymes purification and characterization are also emphasized in this course. Students will also be introduced to the theory as well as applications of enzyme technology in food, medical, and household industries. Finally this course serves to provide an awareness of the current and possible future applications of enzyme technologies. This course also emphasizes on the development of attitude and capability of the students to work in a group and gather information on the related field for life long learning.
1. Distinguish the fundamentals of enzyme properties, nomenclatures, characteristics and mechanisms
2. Apply biochemical calculation for enzyme kinetics
3. Compare methods for production, purification, characterization and immobilization of enzymes
4. Discuss various application of enzymes that can benefit human life
5. Discover the current and future trends of applying enzyme technology for the commercialization purpose of biotechnological products.
6. Plot graphs based on kinetics data