CREDIT : 3 CREDITS
PRE-REQUISITE : -
This course introduces various industrial applications of microorganisms in traditional fermentation process and advanced contemporary applications such as productions of biological materials and vaccines, biopharmaceutical, bioemulsifier, biopolymers, and biodegradation. Discussion includes biotechnology unit operation, bioprocess design, process modulation, kinetics and analysis. In addition, students will be introduced to work flow and operation of an industry through a site-visit to a related industry.
1. Explain basic concept of industrial microbiology.
2. Illustrate the flow of product development in industrial microbiology.
3. Compare and contrast metabolite pathways and regulations that are important for the biosynthesis of microbial products.
4. Discuss on various emerging areas in industrial microbiology that can benefit human life
5. Discuss on regulation and safety of microbiology products.
6. Illustrate various industrial microbiology products in a schematic diagram.