CREDIT : 3 CREDITS
PRE-REQUISITE : BSB2133 (CELL AND MOLECULAR BIOLOGY)
Topics discussed include the advance techniques in gene technology including molecular markers, genomic and cDNA libraries, recombinant technology, DNA hybridization and plant genetic engineering. This course emphasize on the application of gene technology in medicine, agriculture, forensic and archaelogy. Students are also trained to participate in group discussion and present on the application of gene technology and related ethical issues
1. Describe the principle of advanced techniques in gene technology.
2. Relate the application of advanced techniques in gene technology with their requirement in agriculture, medicine and forensics.
3. Compare the principle and applications of gene technology techniques.
4. Recommend suitable gene technology techniques for medicine, agriculture and forensics applications.
5. Discuss related ethical issues on genetically modified organisms (GMOs).