CREDIT : 3 CREDITS
PRE-REQUISITE : -
The course discuss on the basic operational in bioprocess technology, unit, dimension, mass transfer at the equilibrium phase, stoichiometry of microbial growth and product formation. This course explicates the connection between microbial growth, product formation, mass transfer and environment. Likewise, this course gives an overview of the bioprocess from raw material to product. Upstream and downstream processing will be discussed. This course explains the processes and techniques used for extraction and purification of a product from culture medium. Also, bioprocess consideration in using animal and plant cell cultures will discuss using different techniques.
1. Describe the principle and applications of bioprocess technology.
2. Apply fundamental calculation in bioprocessing.
3. Illustrate the schematic diagram of upstream and downstream processing for product recovery and purification.
4. Analyze the mass transfer and material balance calculation in different types of application in bioprocess.
5. Analyze the kinetics parameter values in different types of fermentation modes.
6. Discuss the important aspects in bioprocess technology for commercialization purpose of biotechnology products