CREDIT : 3 CREDITS
Bioinformatics is the science of storing, extracting, organizing, analyzing, interpreting, and utilizing biological information. Bioinformatics use biological information to solve biological problems. This course will deliver descriptions of this rapidly evolving field, and facilitate user access to and manipulation of the biological data. Topics will include an introduction to bioinformatics, biological databases and relevant tools available to retrieve and analyse the information within these. Descriptions of various techniques, such as evolutionary analysis, data mining, protein structure/function
1. Explain the principle and theoretical basis of the bioinformatics tools.
2. Identify the bioinformatics tools for data analysis
3. Compare the advantages and disadvantages of bioinformatics tools
4. Recommend suitable approach to solve biological problems
5. Aware on ethical, moral and professionalism in the usage of bioinformatics tools
6. Convey ideas verbally on bioinformatics related issue as well as giving feedback on giving topics