Fundamental Discrete Structure
FUNDAMENTAL DISCRETE STRUCTURE
Credit : 3 credit
Pre-requisite : None
This subject introduces and discusses the fundamental of the discrete as apply to computer science, focusing on providing a basic theoretical foundation for futher work. Students are exposed to logic, set theory, elementary number of theory, functions, relations, fundamentals of counting, Boolean algebra and simple proof technique. This course integrates symbolic tools, graphical concepts, and numerical calculations.
- Acquire fundamental principle of discrete mathematics.
- Analyze mathematical problem using discrete mathematics.
- Provide solution to discrete mathematics problems arise from computer scince and engineering field.
- Rosen K.H., Discrete Mathematics & Its Applications, (Seventh Edition),McGraw-Hill, 2011.
- Kolman B., Busby R.C. & Ross S.C., Discrete Mathematical Structures. (Sixth Edition), Prentice-Hall, 2009.
- Epp S.S, Discrete Mathematics with Applications, (Fourth Edition), Thomson Learning, 2011.
- Gossett E., Discrete Mathematics with Proof, (Second Edition), Wiley, 2009.
- R. Garnier, J. Taylor, Discrete Mathematics: Proofs, Structures and Applications, (Third Edition), Taylor and Francies, 2009.