Statistics & Probability
STATISTICS & PROBABILITY
Credit : 3 credit
Pre-requisite : None
In this course, students are exposed to basic statistics and analyze statistically. The topics covered are introduction to statistics, descriptive statistics, probability, discrete probability distributions, continuous probability distributions, and correlation and simple linear regression.
- Acquire fundamental principle of statistics
- Perform statistical analysis by using appropriate statistical theory and methodology.
- Analyse real life data to solve related problems in various disciplines.
- Bluman A.G., Elementary Statistics: A Step by Step Approach, 7th edition, McGraw-Hill, 2009.
- Navidi W., Statistics for Engineers and Scientists,3rd edition, McGraw-Hill, 2011.
- Mario F.Triola, Elementary Statistics, 11th edition, Pearson Addison Wesley, 2011.
- Douglas C. Montgomery and George C. Runger, Applied Statistics and Probability for Engineers, 5th edition, Wiley, 2011