Credit : 3 credit
Pre-requisite : None
This course introduces and discusses the fundamental of mathematics focusing on providing a solid theoretical foundation for further work. Student are exposed to number system, equations, inequalities and absolute value, polynomials, sequences and series, matrices and system of linear equations, functions and graphs, and trigonometric functions. This course also integrates symbolic tools, graphical concepts, and numerical calculations.
- Acquaire the fundamental principles of basic mathematics.
- Apply the appropriate method studied to solve mathematical problems.
- B.S. Ong, S.H. Koo, W. Jonathan, A.G. Tan, Ace Ahead STPM Text Mathematics S&T, Oxford Fajar, 2011.
- P.H. Tai, Pre-U Text STPM Mathematics S&T Paper 1, Pearson, 2011.
- C.C Yang, College Matriculation Mathematics (Science), SAP Publications, 2010.
- M. Chai, J.K. Seet, L.C. Chin, Matriculation Study Guide Semester 1 Mathematics, Pearson Longman, 2009