Credit : 3 credit
Pre-requisite : None
This course introduces Analytic Geometry & Conic Section, Parametric Equations, Polar Coordinates, Three-Dimensional Spaces, Vectors, and First Order Differential Equations. Appropriate software is used by students to implement some of these ideas in practice.
- Acquire fundamental principles of technical mathematics
- Apply the knowledge of Analytic Geometry & Conic Section, Parametric Equations, Polar Coordinates, Three-Dimensional Spaces, Vectors and First Order Differential Equations to solve various science and engineering problems.
- Peter Kuhfitting,, "Technical Calculus with Analytic Geometry", Thomson Brooks/Cole, 4th Edition 2010.
- Paul A. Calter, Michael A. Calter, Technical Mathematics", 6th Edition, John Wiley @ Sons, 2011.
- James Stewart, "Calculus Early Transcendentals", 7th Edition, Cengage Learning, 2010.
- Howard Anton, Irl C.Bivens, Stephen Davis, "Calculus Late Transcendentals", 9th Edition 2010.
- Lial M. L., Greenwell R. N., Ritchey N. P., "Calculus with Applications", 9th Edition, Addison-Wesley, 2007.