Discrete Structure & Applications
DISCRETE STRUCTURE & APPLICATIONS
Credit : 3 credit
Pre-requisite : BUM1213 Fundamental Discrete Structure
This subject discusses an in depth of the discrete structures as they apply to computer science, focusing on providing a basic theoretical foundation for further work. Topics include review on algorithm, integers and matrices, advanced counting technique, graphs, trees, and modeling computation. This course integrates symbolic tools, graphical concepts, and numerical calculations.
- Acquire fundamental principle of discrete structure.
- Analyze mathematical problems using discrete structure knowledge.
- Provide solution to discrete structure problem arise from computer science & engineering fields.
- Rosen K.H., Discrete Mathematics & Its Applications, (Seventh Edition), McGraw-Hill, 2012.
- Kolman B., Busby R.C. & Ross S.C., Discrete Mathematical Structures. (Sixth Edition), Prentice-Hall, 2009-(latest edition).
- Epp S.S, Discrete Mathematics with Applications, (Fourth Edition), Thomson Learning, 2011.
- Gossett E., Discrete Mathematics with Proof, (Second Edition), Wiley, 2009-(latest edition).
- R. Garnier, J. Taylor, Discrete Mathematics: Proofs, Structures and Applications, (Third Edition), Taylor and Francies, 2009 (latest edition).