Credit : 3 credits
Pre-requisite : None
This course introduces Polar Coordinates and Vector, Vector-Valued Functions, Partial Derivatives, and Multiple Integrals. Appropriate software is used by students to implement some of these ideas in practice.
- Acquire fundamental calculus concepts of equations and vectors.
- Solve and analyze various problems involving derivatives and integrals.
- Provide solution for a wide range of problems in science and engineering by using concept of calculus.
- Samsudin Abdullah, Rahimah Jusoh @ Awang, Ezzatul Farhain Azmi, Dr Norazaliza Mohd Jamil, Dr Abdul Rahman Mohd Kasim, Nor Izzati Jaini, Module : Applied Calculus for Engineering & Science Students, 2015.
- Samsudin Abdullah, Rahimah Jusoh @ Awang, Ezzatul Farhain Azmi, Nor Izzati Jaini, Farahani Saimi, Module : Applied Calculus (BUM2123), 4th Edition 2014.
- James Stewart, "Calculus Early Transcendentals", 7th Edition, Cengage Learning, 2010.
- Howard Anton, Irl C.Bivens, Stephen Davis, "Calculus Late Transcendentals", 9th Edition 2010
- Robert T Smith, Roland B Minton, Roland B. Minton, Smith Robert, Calculus Late Transcendental Functions, McGraw Hill, 2007.