Credit : 3 credit
Pre-requisite : None
This course introduces basic concepts of round-off and truncation errors, roots of equations, linear algebraic equations and matrices, curve fitting, numerical integration and ordinary differential equations of initial and boundary value problems. Appropriate software is used by students to implement some of these ideas in practice.
- Acquire fundamental principles of numerical methods.
- Analyze mathematical and engineering problems using numerical methods as an alternative to analytical methods.
- Norhayati Rosli, Nadirah Mohd Nasir, Mohd Zuki Salleh, Rozieana Khairuddin, Nurfatihah Mohamad Hanafi & Noraziah Adzhar. Module Numerical Methods, First Edition, 2016.
- Chapra and Canale, 2010. Numerical Methods for Engineers , Sixth Edition, McGraw-Hill.
- Chapra, 2011. Applied Numerical Methods With MATLAB For Engineers and Scientists Third Edition, McGraw-Hill.
- Amos Gilat, Vish Subramaniam, 2010. Numerical methods for engineers and scientists: an introduction with applications using MATLAB Second Edition, John Wiley & Sons.
- Sharma, J.N, 2007. Numerical methods for engineers and scientists Second Edition,Oxford UK: Alpha Science International.