Credit : 3 credits
Pre-requisite : None
This course discusses on statistical problem-solving methodology and descriptive statistics; sampling distribution and confidence interval; hypothesis testing; analysis of variance (ANOVA); regression and correlation including simple and multiple linear regressions; goodness-of-fit test and contingency tables. Microsoft Excel software will be used in this course as a statistical packages (other statistical packages are SPSS, R Language, S Plus, EViews and Minitab shall be used in this course).
- Acquire fundamental principle of statistics.
- Perform statistical analysis by using appropriate statistical theory and methodology.
- Analyse real life data to solve related problems in various disciplines.
- Bluman A.G., Elementary Statistics: A Step by Step Approach, 8th edition, McGraw-Hill, 2011.
- Douglas C. Montgomery and George C. Runger, Applied Statistics and Probability for Engineers, 6th edition, Wiley, 2013.
- Mario F.Triola, Elementary Statistics, 12th edition, Pearson Addison Wesley, 2012.
- Navidi W., Statistics for Engineers and Scientists, 4th edition, McGraw-Hill, 2014.
- Walpole, R.E., Myers, R.H., Myers, S.L., and Ye, K. Probability and Statistics for Engineers and Scientists, 9th edition, Prentice Hall. 2011.