Mathematics for Management
MATHEMATICS FOR MANAGEMENT
Credit : 3 credit
Pre-requisite : None
This subject introduce the use of mathematical technique in the field of business administration and management. The topics introduce to the inequality, matrices, functions and the key business topics such as simple interest, compound interest, promissory notes, trade and cash discount, markup and markdown.
- Acquire basic principles and methodologies of mathematics to solve problems.
- Apply mathematical concepts and techniques in business administration, management and finance.
- A.S. Stanley, D.M. Charles & C. Gary. Mathematics for Business, 8th Edition. Addison-Wesley, Prentice Hall. (2008).
- T.K. Lau, K.K. Wee & Pang. Business Mathematics for UITM, 3rd Edition. Oxford Fajar Sdn. Bhd. (2009)
- S. Jeffrey & M. Sharon. Practical Business Math Procedures, 10th Edition. McGraw - Hill. (2011)
- T. Kashyap & T. Chirag. Business Mathematics. Pearson Education. (2011)
- Giri & Banerjee. Introduction to Business Mathematics. Academic Publishers. (2009)