Credit : 3 credits
Pre-requisite : None
This course introduces and discusses the fundamental of mathematics focusing on providing a solid concept of foundation for further work. Student are exposed to functions and graphs, exponential and logarithmic functions, trigonometric functions, analytic trigonometry, polar coordinates, and conic sections. Appropriate software is used by students to implement some of these ideas in practice.
- Acquire fundamental principle of functions and trigonometric.
- Apply appropriate mathematics concepts to solve various problems.
- Use appropriate software to solve the graphical and computational problems.
- Cohen, David. Precalculus: With Unit Circle Trigonometry. Cengage Learning, 2005.
- Kuhfittig, Peter. Technical calculus with analytic geometry. Cengage Learning, 2006.
- Washington, Allyn J. Basic technical mathematics. Pearson/Prentice Hall, 2009.