Credit : 3 credits
Pre-requisite : None
This course introduces ordinary differential equations (analytically and numerically), Laplace transforms and Fourier series. Related applications are also discussed.
- Acquire fundamental principle of first and second order ordinary differential equations, Laplace transforms and Fourier series.
- Analyze and solve various differential equation of first and second order differential equations, Laplace transforms and find Fourier series for various periodic functions.
- Provide solution for a wide range of related problems by using appropriate software.
- Samsudin Abdullah, Nadirah Nasir, Rahimah Jusoh @ Awang, Mohd Zuki Salleh, Laila Amera Aziz, Wan Nur Syahidah Wan Yusoff, Nor Aida Zuraimi Md Noar, Module : Ordinary Differential Equations (BUM2133), 3rd Edition 2014.
- Stroud K.A. with additions by Dexter J. Booth, Advance Engineering Mathematics, Fifth Edition,Palgrave Macmillan Limited, 2011.
- Glyn James, Modern Engineering Mathematics, Fourth Edition, Pearson Prentice Hall, 2010.
- Chapra and Canale, 2010. Numerical Methods for Engineers , Sixth Edition, McGraw-Hill.
- Nadirah Mohd Nasir, Ezrinda Mohd Zaihidee, Norhayati Rosli, Najiyah Safwa Khashi'ie, Mohd Zuki Salleh, Workbook Numerical Methods,BUM2313, Fifth Edition 2014