Discrete Mathematics and Applications
DISCRETE MATHEMATICS AND APPLICATIONS
Credit : 3 credits
Pre-requisite : None
This subject introduces and discusses the fundamental of the discrete as apply to computer science, focusing on providing a basic theoretical foundation for futher work. Students are exposed to logic and proof techniques, set theory, elementary number of theory, functions and relations, graph, tress, modelling computations and abstract algebra.This course integrates symbolic tools, graphical concepts, and numerical calculations.
- Acquire fundamental principle of discrete mathematics.
- Analyze mathematical problem using discrete mathematics.
- Provide solution to discrete mathematics problems arise from computer scince and engineering field.
- Rosen K.H., Discrete Mathematics & Its Applications, (Seventh Edition), McGraw-Hill, 2011.
- Epp S.S, Discrete Mathematics with Applications, (Fourth Edition), Thomson Learning, 2011.
- Ram Rabu, Discrete Mathematics, Pearson, 2012.
- Walls W.D., A beginner's guide to Discrete Mathematics, Springer, 2013.
- Chandrasekaren, N. & Umaparvathi, M., Discrete Mathematics, PHI Learning Private Limited, Delhi, 2015.