2nd International Conference on Applied & Industrial Mathematics and Statistics 2019 (ICoAIMS 2019)
Applied & Industrial Mathematics (AIMs) Cluster, Faculty of Industrial Sciences & Technology (FIST), Universiti Malaysia Pahang (UMP) had successfully organised the 2ndInternational Conference on Applied & Industrial Mathematics and Statistics 2019 (ICoAIMS 2019). The conference was held on 23rd – 25thJuly 2019 at The Zenith Hotel, Kuantan, Pahang, Malaysia. ICoAIMS 2019 is jointly organised by Institut Teknologi Sepuluh Nopember (ITS), Surabaya, Indonesia, Malaysian Mathematical Sciences Society (PERSAMA) and Kazakh National Agrarian University, Republic of Kazakhstan.
ICoAIMS 2019 with the theme of IR 4.0 Through the Eyes of Mathematicsis aimed to support the research that fully adapted and correlated with the progress of Industry 4.0. The theme is chosen to reflect the co-existence of mathematics and statistics in the creation of new innovations of technology solutions for the needs of industry 4.0. It provides a premier interdisciplinary platform for researchers, practitioners and educators to present and discuss the most recent research and innovations as well as practical challenges encountered and solutions adopted in the field of mathematics towards the digitalization of the industry. It is our aimed to serve as a platform for research scholars from around the world to exchange and share ideas and research experiences, particularly in the following disciplines; Pure Mathematics, Applied Mathematics, Computational Mathematics, Statistics & Applied Statistics, Operational Research, Mathematics Education and other related disciplines. The objectives of this conference are:
- To bring together academicians, researchers and industry practitioners to exchange and share experience and research results in various aspects of Industrial Mathematics and Applied Statistics.
- To provide a platform for discovering new ideas and build networking among researchers, practitioners and educators.
- To provide a platform for researchers and practitioners from around the world to share ideas of mathematical and statistical sciences and research experiences.
- To promote the discipline of mathematics and statistics as a profession in a large community especially to decision makers in engineering and industrial applications.
ICoAIMS 2019 has been launched and officiated by Yang Berbahagia, Profesor Dr. Kamal Zuhairi Bin Zamli, Deputy Vice Chancelor (Research & Innovation) of Universiti Malaysia Pahang.
The Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) signing ceremonybetween
- UniversitiMalaysia Pahang and Institute of Mathematics and Mathematical Modeling (IMMM), Republic of Kazakhstan, AND
- UniversitiMalaysia Pahang and Department of Statistics Malaysia (DOSM)
were held during ICoAIMS 2019 opening ceremony. This significant event marks the partnership between UMP and IMMM as well as UMP and DOSM in developing the next generation in digitalization era.
Six keynotes speakers have shared their vast experiences, gave fruitful thoughts and great ideas at ICoAIMS 2019 which include:
- Dato’ Dr. Mohd Uzir Mahidin, Chief Statistician, Department of Statistics Malaysia (DOSM).
- Emeritus Professor Dr Ioan Pop, University of Babes-Bolyai, Romania.
- Professor Dr Mohammad Isa Irawan, Faculty of Mathematics Computing and Data Science (FMKSD), ITS.
- Professor Kal'menov Tynysbek Sharipovich, Institute of Mathematics and Mathematical Modeling, Republic of Kazakhstan.
- Dr Dzaharudin Mansor, National Technology Officer (NTO), Microsoft Malaysia.
- Dr Suhartono, Head of Department of Statistics, ITS
It is our great honour to announce that over 240 abstracts have been received for ICoAIMS 2019. There are 201 delegates including presenters and participants from various countries have attended and shared their research findings during ICoAIMS 2019. The delegates represent public and private universities in Malaysia, Romania, United Kingdom, Indonesia, Bangladesh, Philippines, India, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Nigeria, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Sri Lanka, Thailand and Uzbekistan.
ICoAIMS 2019 achieved the objectives of this conference to stimulate further research prospects as well as promote discussions amongst mathematicians, statisticians and industries, locally and globally. We hope more collaboration in exploring and venturing the new knowledge and research in the future. Hope to meet again at ICoAIMS 2021.