Structured Early Industry Exposure Program (SEIEP)
Structured Early Internship Exposure Program (SEIEP)
The faculty has initiated a collaboration with KPMG Malaysia to equip the students of the Faculty of Industrial Sciences and Technology with sufficient industrial-based knowledge experience and, exposure during the four years of study in UMP.
1. Increase graduate employability
2. Ensure students to graduate with experience of working at industry in total of 1 year:
e.g., SEIEP 1 (2 months) + SEIEP 2 (2 months) + SEIEP 3 (2 months) + Internship (6 months)
Method of Execution of SEIEP:
1. The SEIEP is open for Year I, II and II ONLY.
2. The SEIEP is only for those who are interested to gain experience working at industries during the long semester break (usually ~ June – August).
3. Students will be placed at selected industries for ca. 2 months (with allowance).
4. No need to register/pay any fees to the university, and no course registered, and no grades will be given at UMP. This activity is solely for the students to gain industrial experience.
Flow of Participations:
1. FIST and KPMG will organize a two-day program (12 to 13 March 2020) – Thursday to Friday.
2. All interested FIST students, please register using the link given below.
3. The faculty will issue a letter (surat pelepasan kuliah).
4. Attend the 2-day program (please do not skip any session).
5. Attend an interview during the 2nd day.
6. The KPMG Malaysia will notify the results.
7. Arrange accommodations on your own.
8. Prepare needed documents (KPMG Malaysia will let you know the details).
9. Start SEIEP for 2 months.
10. Learn and perform well.
11. You’ll get promotion to go for SEIEP Phase 2-3, and finally for 6 months internship (based on your performance during previous phases).
12 March 2020 (Thursday)
8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. : Grooming session
13 March 2020 (Friday)
8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. : Interview session
GPA 3.0 and above
Year II & III:
CPA 3.0 and above
1. Allowance (based on year of study).
2. Secure internship placement during Year IV (based on performance of SEIEP phase 1, 2 and 3.
3. Secure a job upon graduation (based on performance and need of company).
4. Gain industrial exposure upon graduation.
Please register using this link:
For more information about the KPMG Malaysia:
home.kpmg/my/en/home.html for details
Dr Saifful Kamaluddin bin Muzakir @ Lokman
Deputy Dean (Academic & Student Affair)
13 Feb 2020
Lokasi SEIEP dan Intern:
Level 10, , KPMG Tower, 8, First Avenue, Bandar Utama, 47800 Petaling Jaya, Selangor