1st International Conference on Applied & Industrial Mathematics and Statistics 2017 (ICoAIMS 2017)
Faculty Industrial Sciences & Technology (FIST), Universiti Malaysia Pahang (UMP) had successfully organised the 1st International Conference on Applied & Industrial Mathematics and Statistics 2017 (ICoAIMS 2017) which held at Vistana Kuantan City Centre from 8th – 10th August 2017. ICoAIMS 2017 is jointly organized by Institut Teknologi Sepuluh Nopember (ITS), Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics (SIAM), Malaysian Mathematical Sciences Society (PERSAMA) and Malaysian Institute of Statistics (ISM). The theme of the conference is Bridging Mathematics & Industry. The theme is chosen to reflect the co-existence of mathematics in industry perspectives. It is our aimed to serve as a platform for researchers and practioners from around the world to share ideas and research experiences, particularly in the following disciplines; Engineering & Industrial Applications, Applied Mathematics, Computational Mathematics, Statistics, Operational Research, Mathematics Education and other related disciplines.
The objectives of this conference are:
- To bring together academicians, researchers and industry practitioners to exchange and share experience and research results in various aspects of Industrial Mathematics and Applied Statistics. It also provides a platform for discovering new ideas and build networking among researchers, practitioners and educators.
- To provide a platform for researchers and practitioners from around the world to share ideas of mathematical and statistical sciences and research experiences
- To promote the discipline of mathematics and statistics as a profession in a large community especially to decision makers in engineering and industrial applications.
Five keynotes speakers have shared their vast experiences, gave fruitful thoughts and great ideas at ICoAIMS 2017 including:
- Dr Mohd Uzir Mahidin (Chief Statistician, Department of Statistics Malaysia)
- Prof Dr Basuki Widodo (Institut Teknologi Sepuluh Nopember (ITS), Indonesia)
- Mr Nor Azmi Abdul Rahim (Senior Consultant, Creative Vision Sdn. Bhd., Malaysia)
- Prof Dr Abdul Ghapor Hussin (Universiti Pertahanan Nasional, Malaysia)
- Dr Subiono (Institut Teknologi Sepuluh Nopember (ITS), Indonesia).
It is our great honour to announce that over 200 abstracts have been received for ICoAIMS 2017. There are 193 delegates including presenters and participants from various countries have presented and shared their research findings during ICoAIMS 2017. The delegates represent public and private universities in Malaysia, Indonesia, Bangladesh, Philipines, India, Kazakhstan, Nigeria, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Turkey, Oman, Iran and Thailand.
ICoAIMS 2017 achieved the objectives of this conference to simulate further research prospects as well as promote communication between mathematics and industries, locally and globally. We hope more collaboration between mathematics and industries in exploring and venturing the new knowledge and research in the future. Hope to meet again at ICoAIMS 2019.